The position of medical officer exists for managing TB evaluation and treatment of Patients referred to him by the project screeners or outside physicians.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. The MO will work in concert with the site screener and review all Patients that are likely to have TB based on a symptom screen.
2. The MO will conduct a thorough history and physical examination according to his training.
3. He/she will be responsible for ordering pertinent testing
4. For ensuring the patient is referred to the correct spot for testing
5. Ensure that the screener is aware and is able to follow test results at follow-up and organize patient follow-up visits.
6. He will be responsible for discussing difficult patients with program clinical expert and should be able to relay labs/images to expert via what’s app or skype.
7. The medical officer will enter the required clinical data on phone based apps.
8. The medical officer will prescribe TB treatment and ensure that the dosage and side-effects are discussed with the parent.
9. The MO along with the site screener will review and follow on phone call patient follow-up no shows.
10. The MO will discuss any pertinent issues/patients with site key personnel and ensure that the Patients diagnosed are registered and reported in the NTP register.
11. Patients evaluated for TB and found to have iron deficiency, worms or vitamin deficiency will be provided supplements through the program. The medical officer will oversee that with the screener.
12. Patients diagnosed with TB who are also undernourished will receive diet supplements for 3 months and this will be overseen by the site MO.
13. Perform any other work assigned by the immediate supervisor.