The counselor is to screen and provide counseling services to clients in existing TB Programs/Clinics in both public and private provider settings.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Screen TB patients
• Provide counseling and support to patients diagnosed with TB
• Provide counseling and support to TB +ve patients diagnosed with Diabetes
• Provide counseling and support to TB +ve patients diagnosed with Depression/Anxiety
• Provide a safe environment for people to discuss issues
• Provide counseling to patients for their mental health issues
• Provide counseling to the support system of the patient (if needed)
• Maintaining record of the patients seen at the public/private care setting(s)
• Reporting to clinic site officer/ coordinator/ designated supervisor on a daily basis
• Carry out research activities as required by the program
• Assisting in data entry
• Supporting other staff members of the team when required
• Perform other related duties as required
• Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
• Ensure that data entry is completed in a timely manner
• Calling up the patients for Followup.