Perform all related tasks assigned by Manager Pharmacy/ Assistant Manager Pharmacy.
- Supervise and assist in patient Pharmacy Services inventory management; collect information required for interventions.
- Review, monitor and control drug profile and Computerized Physician’s Order Entry (CPOE) of all patient receiving medications at all primary care sites. Contact physicians in case of in-accuracy of order / non availability of medicine or alternative.
- Participate in Antibiotic stewardship round to explore the role of Pharmacist towards patient care.
- Monitor high alert medication dispensation and provide all related precautions and information for proper administration.
- Document all interventions on the system, and present all relevant issues to Manager, Pharmacy Services daily.
- Compile and prepare presentations on Effective Interventions monthly.
- Develop strong communication between the Pharmacies and physicians at primary care sites.
- Identify and correct HMIS related problems (in coordination with HI), and provide summary reports to Manager Pharmacy.
- Review and monitor stock of all crash trolley medicines and present monthly reports to Manager, Pharmacy Services.
- Provide current and accurate drug information to health care professionals. Drug information would include a thorough understanding of new medications, and suitable formulary agents for use in specific therapies.
- Record drug information data and prepare graphical reports of monthly drug information, provided by the Pharmacy department.
- Provide technical and administrative support to Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and training to the interns.
- Provide counseling to the Doctors, staff, patients and their families for the safe use of drugs.
- Arrange Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs for Pharmacists, Interns, Technicians, Nurses and other paramedical staff regarding rational use of drugs.
- Monitor and record all non formulary drugs arranged for inpatients.