The employee is responsible to screen the pediatrics patients through Intergrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI) guidelines recommended by WHO for reducing child mortality and morbidity.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Employee is expected to be polite and courteous while dealing with patients.
- Responsible for screening the child (0 to less than 15 years) through eIMCI tool
- Children who are coming with the sick child (like with guardian) and children coming for vaccinations, they should also be screened but screening is required to be completed manually and if such children is needs refereal then should be refered to RMO.
- Counselling of mothers on nutrition and hygience
Taking measurement like Weight, height, MUAC and temperature before screening
- Brestfeeding assessment should also be conducted by the female health worker after taking consent and counsel mothers about the good attachment and positioning for breastfeeding
- Malaria ICT testing of all Malaria patients suspected by RMO and in case of positive result are refered to Malaria clinic. These should be done for both Adult and Child.
- Building good rapport with the patient, attendant and staff
- Referral of TB suspect children to TB Clinic
- If there is general danger sign (s) present in the child then child is urgently refer to E.R