Performs other duties as assigned and individual is qualified to perform.
- Communicate politely to the patients visiting the filter clinic.
- Check vital signs including saturation of the patients and document in HMIS.
- Ensure documentation of height and weight of all patients visiting filter clinic for consultation.
- To assist in the Appointments and token system when necessary.
- To ensure that adequate stock levels are kept within the department and reporting any reduction to the nursing staff.
- Checking the day-to-day cleanliness of the department and reporting any problems to the registered nurse in charge of the department.
- Changing the bed sheets of stretcher of clinic.
- To transfer and accompany patients to other Departments within the Hospital for treatment, under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- To demonstrate the highest regard and respect for the wishes, needs and lifestyles of all patients, being accepting and non-judgmental at all times.
- To discuss any difficulties with senior nursing staff.
- To learn how to use information systems and maintain accurate written information.
- To report any concerns or untoward incidents immediately to the registered nurses on duty.
- Maintains awareness of the patient's and family's need for emotional support and understanding.
- Listens to patient's concerns and make sure the patient and family understand instructions.
- Maintains positive attitude towards co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Maintains confidentiality in relation to all patients, healthcare staff and documentation.
- Assists patients in filter clinic, if needed.