The incumbent is to support the medical care and safety of the rifampicin-resistant TB patients participating in a phase III randomized controlled trial. They will be responsible to perform trial procedures in accordance with the protocol and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
training in the protocol, trial procedures, and GCP.
to trial clinic sites in Karachi.
with clinic staff, and assist endTB trial staff and counsellors to identify and
recruit potentially eligible patients for the trial.
and proper sputum collection screening, baseline, and follow up visits
according to the trial protocol.
Ensure use of
appropriate collection devices like sterile, leak-proof specimen containers for
transfer to the lab.
Screen and enroll
participants according to specific protocol and SOP requirements.
consent for the main trial and sub-studies, together with counsellors.
and treatment support to trial participants, together with counsellors.
with clinic staff, including doctors, nurses, and counsellors, to share and
discuss clinical and social progress of trial participants.
medication to study participants.
Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) and assess adherence according to trial SOPs
procedures at screening, baseline, and follow up visits according to the trial
protocol. These include, but are not limited to:
tests for drug toxicity
Attend regular meetings with the endTB trial team.
- Maintain participants’ clinical files, and perform Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC).
- Complete Case Report Forms and other trial documents.
- Assist with data entry and management.
- Engage with clinic staff and other members of the endTB trial team to identify medical problems or difficulty with adherence to study drugs.
- Assist with additional tasks as agreed upon with study management.