The Manager, Training, and Learning will take the lead in all training-related activities within the Community Engagement Centre. He/she will be responsible for the development and implementation of all core CEC training modules (Community Engagement and Mental Health). In addition, he/she will also work with Public Health Programs to co-develop public-health specific modules for STAR (Strengthening Ties through Awareness Raising).
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Training and Learning Centre Development [50%]
- Leading the development of core modules within the Community Engagement Centre. These include modules for employee on-boarding on i) Community Engagement (Introduction to Community Engagement, SALT, STAR), and ii) Mental Health (Initial Psychological Assistance, Basic Counselling Skills)
- With the assistance of the Program Associate and Program Coordinator, train all new IHN staff on core modules on a regular basis. In addition, develop refresher modules for ongoing capacity building seminars
- With the Manager, Resource Development, ensure that a robust evaluation mechanism for training exists. This includes the development of core competencies and methods of measuring competencies over time.
- Expand and offer training modules externally to IRD and other agencies
Strengthening Ties through Awareness Raising (STAR) [30%]
- In coordination with Program Managers of different public health programs within IHN, develop modules for awareness raising for public health diseases
- Ensure dissemination of awareness sessions through STAR by conducting regular master training
- Develop periodic reports for stakeholders on CEC progress
- Share progress updates on Training and Learning and STAR on a regular basis
- Any other related task assigned by directors
- Act as lead trainer for courses offered by the CEC where necessary
- Liaise with the global group of SALT Trainers/Facilitators