The Asst. Manager for Active Case Finding / FAST will oversee entire active case finding component, including verbal screening and screening using mobile x-ray vans in Peshawar city. In particular, the Asst. Manager will ensure that screening programs are in place at 8 ACF/FAST hospital sites in Peshawar, and ensure that the mobile x-ray van is deployed consistently at hospitals and community settings for optimal screening and case identification.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Build relationships with various hospital administrations to ensure that all ZTB programs can function optimally at that site. This includes systematic screening programs, establishment of GXP labs, and deployment of FAST/ACF screeners at hospitals as well as establishment of other ZTB initiatives in the hospital, including Child TB and PET programs.
2. Oversee hospital-based and x-ray van based teams in Peshawar to ensure optimal screening coverage in Peshawar city for increased case finding.
3. Identify new screening opportunities at factories, schools, hospitals, and community settings in Peshawar for maximum coverage.
4. Ensure that ACF Site Supervisors provide daily management and supervision support on-site at all ZTB sites, to all ZTB staff at that site, including screeners, GXP technicians, MOs, nurses, etc.
5. Ensure program related coordination with partners such as PTP/NTP and provide feedback where required.
6. Ensure adequate and consistent training of teams on project protocols, develop and implement systems for data and team management.
7. Monitor progress of sites as well as x-ray vans for quality and efficiency and ensure optimal patient yield.
8. Provide regular progress updates of the program to the program manager and senior program officer.
9. Make evidence based decisions and take initiatives where necessary to achieve grant based targets keeping the ACF manager in the loop.
10. Provide administrative support and work in coordination with Asst. Manager ChildTB/PET to ensure program synergy and focus on the integrated ZTB approach at all facilities.