As the head of the Finance team, this position will provide overall technical and operational arrangement aspects related to financial record keeping, reporting as well as ass compliance on donor regulations on financial affairs.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Coordination and compliance of donors grant and contractual requirements.
• Support to design an effective grants management and compliance system to be implemented by the Program Management Unit and Implementation Organization
• Work with the DPD and HOF-GHD on establishing an effective system of grant management support to partners/SRs in addition to the normal supervisory roles relating to sub-grants
• Supervise finance team and coordinate in the overall working of all Program Management Unit
• Coordinate and supervise all financial transactions for Program Management Unit
• Ensure that all donor reports and reporting materials are appropriately filed
• Modification of the donor budgets, monitoring system, control of budgetary status versus authorized spending limits and budgets delivery levels, also monitor sub-recipient budgets and spending.
• Support Deputy Project Director in preparation of budgets.
• Monitor and conduct project site visits and SRs visits to check that appropriate financial and grants management systems are in place.
• Design and conduct grant management training for SRs, Budget Holders, sub-office staff and SRs
• Arrange and facilitate audits as per statutory and donor’s requirements, follow auditor’s recommendations as soon as possible.