This position is responsible for supervision and management of field teams, implementation of field activities, adequate maintenance of field supplies, managing patient flow, documentation of activities , managing maximum utilization of the gene-expert machine, monitoring its maintenance and conducting outreach programs.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure that a maximum number of individuals are actively screened for TB by the field teams.
• Ensure that all presumptives identified through screening undergo appropriate diagnostic processes (sputum collection,chest X-ray and gene-xpert testing)
• Ensure that all MTB positive patients identified are registered, put on treatment and adequately followed-up during treatment
• Ensure contact tracing and referral follow-ups (where necessary) of confirmed TB patients
• Monitoring and management of field teams (screeners, gene xpert technicians) based at their facilities
• Provide regular/daily feedback of site activities to the program team
• Ensure Daily/Weekly/monthly compilation of screening, testing and treatment follow-up data and timely formulation of reports
• Ensure maximum utilization of gene xpert machine, adequate testing and reporting by the team.
• Ensure adequate and efficient usage of supplies at the facility.
• Ensure maintenance of gene-xpert machine along with the gene xpert technician as per specified requirements.
• Provide support to other Zero TB relevant programs at their designated site.
• Liaise with hospital staff, doctors and other relevant administrative bodies to facilitate with active screening and treatment of identified TB patients.
• Ensure all safety and infection control protocols are being followed by the field teams.
• Lead the field teams during community outreach programs and campaigns