Perform all tasks assigned by the Supervisor / Head of Department.
- Perform all requested sonographic examinations as ordered by the attending physician.
- Prepare preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, following established procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and mental and physical comfort of the patients; coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Address problems of patient care as they arise and make decisions to appropriately resolve them.
- Organize daily work schedules and perform related clerical duties; coordinate schedule with Departmental Director and / or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area.
- Report equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
- Use independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Analyze sonograms, synthesize sonographic information and medical history; communicate findings to appropriate physician.