The Senior Technician is will maintain all surgical and medical equipment, as well as assist surgeons during Operation Theatre procedures.
Perform all tasks as assigned by the Head of Department
- Assist all major surgeries independently; must be specialized in a particular area of surgery.
- Arrange and maintain equipment and instrument for special procedures.
- Ensure consent forms have the correct patient information and have been signed and approved by the concerned authority.
- Assist surgeons to scrub in.
- Ensure sound aseptic measures are followed.
- Run OR in the absence of the In-charge.
- Perform the following OT Operational activities independently:
- Clean all OT and medical equipment
- Arrange surgical instruments for the procedure
- Arrange trolleys with minimum supervision.
- Verify availability of all equipment, instruments and consumable items before and after procedures, informing the surgeon accordingly.
- Document the use of all equipment during procedures
- Document the consumption form.
- Shift the patient to the Recovery Room after assuring the patient is cleaned, dressed and covered.
- Implement and ensure patient safety measures are followed.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to ensure cleanliness of the OR is maintained.
- Maintain effective communication channel between surgeons and OT staff.