- Provide technical expertise and supervision to facilitate the design, implementation and analysis of procedures, techniques and results.
- Actively engage in and pursue research projects.
- Maintain molecular lab equipment and promote a safe laboratory environment.
- Perform tests, procedures, and experiments requiring specialized skill, knowledge and equipment.
- Define and secure grants for research projects to be undertaken; synthesize research findings and publish and disseminate conclusions to a wider audience.
- Research capacity building in molecular biology.
- Serve in a supervisory role for postgraduate training.
- Participate in national and international scientific meetings, conference and symposiums, presenting research and outcomes.