- Control and maintain financial records of departmental or divisional contracts, sponsored programs and inform appropriate staff members of various projects.
- Assist and advice department or division head and staff members of budgetary and related problems, prepare approvals by department head initial budgetary recommendations by considering past requirements and expenditures and present program plans.
- Serve departmental liaison.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of designated employees, reviewing completed work for adherence to instructions or correctness.
- Order and maintain sufficient inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Interpret departmental policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions in accordance with departmental precedents.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor.