The Consultant will be responsible for providing the highest level of clinical care and expertise in pre-operative assessment of patients including pre-anesthesia consultations and visits, management of intra-operative and post-operative care of patients. He/she may be assigned postgraduate teaching and specified administrative activities.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform complete and appropriate pre-anesthetic evaluations on all surgical patients.
- Review and interpret medical history data and continually update relevant information as necessary.
- Ensure time, space and staff for surgery and other procedures have been scheduled.
- Administer general anesthesia to all patients and for surgical procedures in accordance with accepted methods.
- Consult with patients following operations and treatments; recommend anesthetic management and post-anesthetic care.
- Facilitate related services for patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Supervise the education and training of residents as required.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor.