Support to program in the development, planning, and roll out of interventions
- Provide operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical, program, operational, and administrative transactions, preparing related materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to lead program planning, implementation, supervision and reporting of results.
- Provide support in identifying of potential sites for developing of centers, designing and roll out of the mapping of project intervention in the selected districts.
- Develop the quarterly work plan, progress report and share it with donor as per the agreed timelines.
- Ensure project centers are equipped, staff trained and are operational as per the agreed work plan with the donor.
- Ensure that district wise training plans are developed and approved from relevant quarter.
- Develop community mobilization plan and ensure its approval for timely execution.
- Support in the designing, updating, execution of situation analysis/ gap analysis for the roll out of project interventions in the selected districts.
- Contribute to the development program goals, objectives, strategies, and results-based planning through research, analysis and reporting and other related information for development planning, priority and goal setting.
- Prepare required program documentations, materials and data to facilitate the program review and approval process.
Program management, supervision and delivery of results
- Develop close liaison with the provincial and district heath authorities for the smooth implementation of the project in the selected districts.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects, and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Supervise, monitor and report on the use of project resources (human, financial, administrative and other assets), verifying compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations, procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Report on critical issues and findings to ensure timely resolution by management and stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare regular and mandated project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Operational support to program implementation
- Conduct regular program field visits, assessment and exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide support.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant quarters for resolution.
- Provide operational support to government counterparts, partners, donors on the application and understanding of organizational policies, strategies, processes and best practices and related disciplines to support program implementation.
Networking and partnership building
- S/He to build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results.
- S/He to participate in internal and external meetings/events on programming to collaborate with partners/colleagues on operational planning, and to integrate and harmonize IHHN position and strategies with border sectoral development and planning processes.
- S/He to scene for potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
- Draft communication and information materials for IHHN program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for IHHN community health initiatives.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of partners and stakeholders.
- S/He to Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders in related fields.
- S/He to apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of efficient, effective, concrete and sustainable interventions.
- S/He to look for and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.