. Preparation of the patient
2. Ensure consent forms have correct patient information and have been signed by the concerned authority accordingly
3. Assisting with the procedure 4. Assure sound aseptic measures are followed
5. Handling specimens
6. Maintenance of the bronchoscopy equipment, and recordkeeping.
7. Setting-up, handling, cleaning, and care of bronchoscopy equipment and related supplies
8. Specimen retrieval and preparation for commonly ordered laboratory studies on bronchoscopy specimens
9. Ensure the following activities are being done accordingly
a. Implementation and following of patient safety measures
b. Cleanliness of all medical equipment
c. Arrangement of instruments for procedure
d. Verification of availability of all equipment, instruments and consumable items before and after procedure, informing the pulmonology department accordingly
e. Co-ordination with House Keeping to ensure the cleanliness of the Bronchoscopy Suite is maintained
f. Maintenance of Effective communication channel between Physician and Patient.
10. Perform all assigned task by the Head of department.
11. Bronchoscopy assistants should hold one of the following credentials:
a. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
b. Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
c. Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT)
d. Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) e. Physician (MD or DO), or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).