Act under the supervision of infection control manager/HOD Infection Control
· Conduct regular rounds in hospital for discussing, monitoring and following the practices of infection control with staff.
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities, committees and projects as assigned.
· Monitoring and continuous surveillance of approved infection control clinical indicators, preparation of end of month data and associated reports as requested.
· Identifies problem areas, infection control concerns or increased rates of infections and brings these to the attention of I.C manager/HOD in a timely manner.
· Make infection control policies according to the need, department and/or facilities available at hospital, disseminate to the concern departments and ensure the availability and access of staff to these policies.
· Collect data on infections from hospital departments and maintaining records for every case.
· Liaise between clinical areas and the Infection Control Team.
· Conduct training sessions to ensure constant implementation of infection control practices.
· Inform I.C manager/HOD and ID team of any compromised and/or infected patients to ensure appropriate patient care and precautions.
· Regularly arrange monthly infection control committee meetings.
· In outbreak of infectious disease situations, ensure the implementation of control measures, review of practices, communication of events, and compilation of reports on the nature of the incident as well as recommendations for future control.
· Ensure the availability of needed supplies and report in case of unavailability.