Reporting to the Manager Administration of the Hospital, the Administrative Coordinator provides support for the Management, as well as others in the Hospitalist office, as required.
The incumbent serves as the primary point person during Night hours, managing operations, fielding inquiries and requests; managing internal/external communications; and otherwise assisting the Hospital Management in execution of all necessary obligations. He or she must be comfortable working with sensitive information in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Maintains administrative workflow of various departments of hospital thus ensuring the overall smooth functioning of hospital affairs by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies
- Doing administrative rounds of the hospital on daily basis thus gaining knowledge of the work flow
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information; identifying and communication solutions.
- Maintains rapport with customers, managers, and employees by arranging continuing contacts, developing new services and methods, setting priorities and resolving problem situations.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management, discovering irregularities and determining continuing needs.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating developments to management.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the departments of the hospital maintaining team signage for the unit.
- Provides general support as the need arises, including planning of program retreat, holiday events, etc.